Monday 25 April 2011

A wolf among... Women!?!?

As I go through my break-up saga, I found myself today in a very unusual situation - surrounded by women.
Let me explain, for some reason, all my friends are men (and mostly bears, at that) and I hardly hang out with any women at all! But today, while in class, my teacher and one of my classmates enquired about the origin and development of my situation; this went from me talking about my predicament of where to live to our teacher sharing her own story of love and drama.
While this was going on, I came to a shocking discovery (at least to me!). I have always taken pride in being a good listener (in the end, it's part of both my jobs) but I had never thought about the fact that I'm not a very good talker.
My own part in the discussion was quite brief but this was in no way their fault; I realised that I am quite practical and go straight to the point, trying to make things as concise as possible - which would be all nice and well except that I am not discussing what I might have for lunch! I realised that women actually listen and are interested in knowing how you FEEL.
I came to the astonishing conclusion that, among my friends, we do talk about how we feel for like 10 minutes and then we get down to the practical part of the issue... I am so not used to talking about being angry and all that crap - which does not mean I don't need it!
I guess I have underestimated the value of a friendship with a girl. Odd, huh?
Also, in Mexico we don't normally have fag hags... At least not as much as in other countries. But that will be a topic for some other post!

No comments:

Post a Comment