Sunday 26 June 2011

Pride 2011 (Daytime)


Lots of people, lots of music, lots of gay... And lots of bears! I always say, the best thing about Pride is that we have a lot of amazingly hot bears coming from other parts of Mexico and quite a few foreigners!
... I know, I know, that's not the point of Pride. Still, I think some people focus a bit too much on the idea that it's losing its political objectives; actually, I think that the main idea stays the same, even if (and I agree with this) the way it's presented is getting a bit too crude. 
In fact, I went to a family thing on Saturday after Pride and, when mentioning that I was leaving early since we were meeting some friends to go to a club, one of my cousins made a few comments that kind of threw me off balance.. Evidently, she thinks that the second I meet up with my friends we all call and refer to each other as "girl".  This came as a shock because I have never done that... And I don't mean that as passing judgment on those who do, I'm just saying that it's a common mistake when generalising what gay men do.
This is where I think Pride can make a difference, there are soooooo many kinds of people that it really shows the diversity of our community. 
Unfortunately, I had to work most of the day and I got there quite late... I only stayed for an hour or so before it started raining so I don't have many pictures or much to say about it. 
But at night... Well... I saw some pretty interesting things that night which I will talk about on my next post... 
Till then, what do you think about the Pride Parade? Is it losing its political objectives and positions? Has it become just a carnival for the gays to go out and party? And, does it matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment