Monday 22 November 2010

Nice beard! -- Thanks, I grow it myself!

This moustache is OF COURSE not real! I wish!
This morning my husbear pointed out that I've been getting furrier in the last year. I find this odd since I've tried everything in the past to grow more hair, without much luck!
A funny anecdote from when I was like 9 years old; I remember praying really hard asking God to 'please let me have a goatee and a hairy chest' when I grew older - I thought they were the coolest things in a man. Of course, at the time I had no idea this would be the one thing I find most attractive in men (woof).
Later, in my early teenage years, I got hair on my chin and a bit on my chest; I was really excited! See, my father has no hair (except on his head) so I thought I was doomed to being hairless forever. It took years to get as furry as I am (enough that I can say I am but not as much as I want yet). Once I asked a hairdresser what I could do and he said I should crumble some contraceptive pills into shampoo and wash my chest and face with it; somebody else said to rub chili peppers and/or strawberries on my skin to stimulate growth; a third one said to trim/shave constantly (I think this might actually have worked, but I can't tell for sure... It sure is the only one I keep trying, though!).
At 24 I am finally able to grow a pretty decent mustache... And I have resigned myself to never growing one like I have in the picture here... But I am content with the results of my praying to God, or shaving, or enduring the stupid stinging pain of the chili peppers on my skin! Hahahahaha.
I have always been jealous of those guys who are like 13 and can grow a full beard, I know genetics is out to mess with those of us who long for more fur but I keep thinking there must be something that can be done!
When were you able to grow your beard (if ever, LOL)? What crazy home 'remedy' type things have you tried/heard of to become hairier?

No comments:

Post a Comment