Monday 15 October 2012

A Wolf In Connecticut

Hey bears, chasers and other furry creatures! ... ... ... Or just people in general...
This wolf is no longer in Mexico City! I have recently relocated to Waterbury, Connecticut with my fiancé! 
Culture shock is still in process, I have only been here for a couple of days so I haven't really had time for it... I expect it to come to me in the following week though.
It's amazing how different it is here. Evidently, seasons are NOT just made up by the media to sell pumpkin pie and turkey! Here, fall actually DOES look orange and yellow!
We were at a cute french crepes place yesterday and I ordered a 'mixed berries' crepe; however, the girl said that the only berry they had was strawberry and if that was okay... I accepted and actually enjoyed it, but was nevertheless puzzled by the lack of variety... It was later explained to me that people here depend on whether the fruit is in season... 
In Mexico, we have all the fruit all the time... Most seasons look all the same, with some days colder than others; but lately it's been so random that you get hot days in winter and rainy, chilly days in summer. 
We went to a progressive dinner with the neighbours as well, which was fun. 
Still, if there is anyone here in Connecticut who'd like to be in touch and maybe hang out, let me know! I'm really looking forward to making new friends here!

No comments:

Post a Comment