Friday 28 September 2012

Kiss those calories away!

Yeah, maybe you can't. You know what they say, you want a man to gain weight, get him married. Or is it because some people just stop kissing after getting married? Hmmm... Anyway, I came across an article that seems to think otherwise...

Supposedly, kissing burns about 2 calories per minute... Yup, I know what you're thinking, best workout plan ever? They also say that it helps tone your facial muscles and boost the immune system... For the full article go to this website:


Still, whether all that is true or not, it still got me thinking about the deed itself. When you think about it... It's kind of weird... Saliva, tongues, lips... And yet... Romantic...

Once I heard a philosopher say that nowadays people think of their bodies as 'a way to transport their heads'; we are so disconnected from our bodies, that I believe we think of ourselves as that alien from Men In Black that was actually a tiny creature controlling a mechanical body using the head as his control room. 

I mean, think about it, how often do you think as your limbs as yourself and not just 'a part of yourself'? The perception of our 'self' is normally limited to our minds/heads, I think this is what can make kissing such a passionate thing. Joining the part of yourself you are most aware of, letting someone past your normal barriers and get as close to you as possible.

Does it relieve stress? Hell yeah! Never mind the release of dopamine, serotonin and whatever other chemicals that act in your brain, it makes you forget the world around you exists and helps melt your worries away! (...When done right).

So, does it burn calories? I don't really know... But perhaps it's worth trying? Hehehe... I know I have put on a bit of weight since my fiancé has been away... Hmmm... Perhaps that's why? 

No comments:

Post a Comment