Wednesday 15 December 2010

Wolves do not hibernate... Unfortunately...

I have been off work and the university for a few days now; I am thus facing a really big problem: I have nothing to do. I also lost a lot of motivation to keep the blog going but some of my friends cheered me on, so here I am again! (Thanks guys!)
Besides being kind of a workaholic, my staying in school has required that I work a lot and my hours have been crazy for the past 4 years... Still, in December, when I am supposed to rest, I cannot seem to find peace.
This had me thinking about one issue that I have: I cannot nap. Somehow, whenever I try to take a nap in the middle of the day, I wake up feeling 'broken' (my body feels restless and too warm, my blood pressure is all messed up, my head feels like it is going to explode and I am in the worst mood ever); it has been pointed out to me that when I am sleeping I get terribly warm at some point... My theory is that when I take a nap I wake up in the middle of the 'cooling down' process and therefore feel all crappy (of course, I am no doctor). 
As a chaser, being unable to nap has been a slight complication in my relationships since bears seem to LOVE to nap (or at least the ones I have dated), and they have asked me many times to give it a go - they completely regret it when I wake up though. 
Also, the idea of staying in bed all day watching movies just drives me crazy... There is no way I can stay home for a full day! I start getting anxious and need to go out and do something! ...Again, most of the bers I know LOVE to stay in and just chill out... We usually reach a compromise where we go out to eat or to window shop at the mall... 
I have met one other chaser who was unable to nap but I do not think it is a normal thing... It could also be related to my very-fast metabolism... Not sure... 
What do you guys do when you have time off work?

1 comment:

  1. I am a bear, I hate napping. I wake up hot, sweaty, and groggy. Sometimes I even get confused because I've lost total track of time. My chaser boyfriend on the other hand loves naps, if he isn't doing something he has to do, then he's probably in the bed. Lol.

    Also, I loveee going out. I lead a fairly active lifestyle, I love the mall too. I think it comes down to personal preference and less on body type, you have just been lucky (so to speak...). I guess it's further proof that opposites attract?

    ReplyDelete